Tuesday, February 08, 2011

I made a cake...

My Dinosaur loving son's Bday is this week and he wanted something cool to take as his treat. No more homemade goodies for school kids, but I think no one should be allergic to a paper cake...



Probably not the greatest paper cake ever made, but he thinks so and that's all that matters. I designed my own paper and colored it in photoshop before cutting each piece...24...

This Thursday will be the release of Ever After, I have shown a few "Pike's Peeks" of what's to come and I know my Wonderful ever faithful DT team has a few things to show you as well...

Tomorrow look for a finishing January upload as well as a bunch of stuff for February, I am still having a few issues with the new site, people can register it forgets them and I am still waiting to here back from my designer on those and a few other issues, I can see the light thru the trees, but keep tripping over branches...

23 comments:

Dustin Pike said...

Yes each piece is filled with "Teacher approved" treats...There are so many kids with so many different weird allergies these days...

Kathyk said...

And what a fab idea it is too

Kathyk

Jennifer Dove said...

this is FABULOUS! I want one!!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great cake idea. I'll bet all the kids are going to love this.

Ginger (Games) said...

Awesome!

Ginger (Games) said...

Awesome!

Boryana said...

Amazing! This is great idea! I love dinosaurs too!
=)))

jasper said...

That's adorable!! Love Dinosaurs too! I want one...my birthday is March 18th!! :-)

luvmy2k9z said...

This is AMAZINGLY awesome!!!

Juan said...

Excellent!!!

Beverly said...

This is an awesome idea..love it.

Anna R said...

That is so COOL!!
I bet they all loved it!

Wanda said...

Oh wow.. You are the coolest Dad ever... What a great way to celebrate your Sons Birthday.. You really rock!!!

Gramma said...

Darn branches....

The cake is fantastic!!! Who wouldn't want to be your child??????

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

WOW, Dustin you are the BEST DAD EVER! This is fabulous and I bet your son was so cool with all his friends after this cake! Awesome!

Scrapcat 1 said...

What a fabulous cake and a great idea for treats for school.
Hope you get the issues with the new site sorted out looking forward to the new challenges as well.

Ginny said...

love love LOVE this DP, hope ur son has a WONDERFUL birthday :)

Shelly said...

That is such a cool cake, Dustin! You get a "Special Dad" award for making that. :)

Ted said...

Wow, this goes beyond your duties as a cool dad... just awesome! :) How much would you charge for a 36-piece cake dealing with monkeys?! LOL! Great job, buddy!

Tanya S said...

OMG this is fabulous!!!Your so talented!!Great job Dad!

Denni said...

This is simply AWESOME!!! Your son will definitely have the biggest and proudest grin walking into school with this. Great job dad!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Fantastic idea! Love the creativity of the dinosaur cake...I bet he was so proud to walk in and serve these to his classmates!! :)

Susan said...

What an awesome Dad you are!
Susan xxox
http://stamponme.blogspot.com